Logging into the Grandstream HT701 VoIP ATA Phone Adapter is accomplished via your PC and web browser. All you really need to know in order to login to the HT701 is the IP address assigned to it by your router's DHCP server and the ATA's Administrator Password.
And of course, the ATA must be an "unlocked" version. Otherwise, you won't know the admin password required to login.
If you purchased your ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter) direct from a reputable computer network hardware reseller, then your new ATA should be an unlocked version and you will have full unhampered access to its configuration features, once logged in as Administrator. However, if you obtained your ATA from a VoIP service provider or your company's IT department, there is a high probability that it is locked-down and you will need to find out what the non-default administrator password is in order to access its administrative features.
Basic Login Procedure
For a brand new HT701 (unlocked), login as follows:
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable (connector type RJ45) to the HT701 port marked "Internet" and the other end of the Ethernet cable to a LAN switch port on your NAT-Router.
- Connect your analog telephone cable connector (connector type RJ-11) to the "Phone" port on the back of the ATA.
- Connect the ATA power adapter to the HT701. Then plug in the adapter to an AC power line.
- Wait for the ATA to fully boot-up and acquire its DHCP assigned IP address (about 2 minutes).
- Determine the IP address assigned to the HT701 by your NAT-Router's DHCP server as follows:
- Pick up your analog telephone handset (off hook). You should hear the dial tone.
- On the telephone dial pad, press the star (*) key three (3) times. i.e.: " *** "- You will be prompted by the ATA's IVR (Interactive Voice Response system) to "Enter A Menu Option".
- Enter the IVR code: " 02 "- The ATA IVR system will now talk-back the IP address assigned to the ATA.
- Using a web browser on your PC that is also connected to the same local LAN network sub-net as the ATA, enter the IP address as assigned to the HT701 into the browser address bar, and press your keyboard Enter key.
- By default, the Administrator Password to enter is: "admin".
The Administrator Password is case sensitive. In this case, "admin" is all lower case.
- Click the "Login" button to proceed to login.
By default, after successful login, you will always land on the Status tab page as illustrated in the screen capture below.
How to Set a New Administrator Password.
- Click on the Advanced Settings tab.
- Type your new secure Admin Password into the text box labeled: "Admin Password".
Once you have entered a new (and more secure) value for the Admin Password, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Apply button to apply and save your new password.
You will now be redirected to the "Update" page indicating that your changes have been applied and saved.
You can continue to navigate the HT701 menu options without rebooting at this point.
However, I recommend that you do click the "Reboot" button located at the bottom of the"Basic Settings" page and proceed with a reboot before going any further. This will confirm that you will now be able to login under your new and more secure administrator password setting before making any other changes.
Rebooting will take approximately 60 seconds before you will be able to log back in.
While the screen caption says you can relogin in 30 seconds, my ATA takes more like 60 seconds before I can successfully log back in.
Once rebooted, the login window will reappear. You can now re-login using your new Admin Password. Remember, passwords are case sensitive.